For technical assistance please email us at [email protected] or call Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles 800-942-2050
How It Works
- The program consists of at least 30 hours of instructions and includes components about alcohol safety, drug abuse awareness, aggressive driving, distracted driving, pedestrian and bicycle safety, handicapped parking, fuel efficient driving practices, motorcycle awareness and organ and tissue donation awareness as required by law.
- You must be at least 15 years and 6 months old to take the online driver education course. All individuals who elect to take the classroom component of the driver education course online must take the online course through a DMV licensed driver training school. Homeschooled students are exempt from this requirement.
- In order to benefit from the course, you must be able to work independently and be comfortable with using a computer.
On the day of testing, you must bring the following to the test site:
- Photo identification (DMV issued identification card, school issued identification card, valid passport or military identification)
- Proof of completion of the on-line driver education course
- A completed “Parental Consent for Online Driver Education Examination” (dts62), if you are under age 18. You can download from here
- Proof of completion of the additional 90-minute parent/teen course if you are under age 18 and live in Planning District 8 (counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William and cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Manassas and Manassas Park)
- In order to take the final test, Student must complete the 90 mins parent/teens course. If you already have completed the 90 mins parent/teens course, then course of completion must be provided.
The Star Driving School will provide a computer for testing.
Steps to Student Completion for the Virginia driver education course
- The Star Driving School will receive registration information from each student who selects to take online driver education.
- The Star Driving school registers each student through their exclusive portal and clicks the submit button to initiate the process.
- The student immediately receives a user name, password, and link to enter the course: http://www.usdrivertraining.com/login-va.php
|Virginia Driver Education Approved by the Department of Education. State Approved – Virginia Department of Motor Vehicle Approved Online Driver Education Course.
- The student logs in and begins the approved online course as instructed.
- Students must successfully complete each unit of instruction (including six Level/Unit tests) prior to taking the final examination.
- Upon completion of the 30 hour online driver education course, the student receives a directive to return to the affiliate school to take the final exam. The student is given written verification of completion of the theory portion of driver education. This document verifies to the affiliate school that the student has completed this portion of the course and is ready to take the final exam.
- The student takes the final examination online in the presence of the licensed instructor.
- The course grades the test and reveals the results. If the student passes the course, the instructor will receive the certificate of completion for that student and can continue with the behind-the-wheel portion of the course or issue the certificate to the student when there is a request to transfer. If the student fails the examination, the student will be allowed to review any section of the completed course to prepare to take the examination again after a 24-hour period has past.